We are seeking a positive and friendly Canteen Assistant to work alongside the Canteen Manager in the operation of our busy school canteen at our Kenwick Campus. This is a part-time contract during term time only, for 36 hours per fortnight to commence as soon as possible. The hours will be spread evenly over Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays (7:45am – 1:45pm).
If you are someone who:
- thrives on serving others;
- possesses excellent customer service and communication skills; and
- desires to join a well-established Christian community,
then this is the role for you!
As the first Christian parent-governed school in Western Australia, we are pioneers of distinctly Christian education. Our rich heritage stretches back almost sixty years. we have learned a fair bit in that time and are always seeking ways to improve and innovate.
Rehoboth exists to partner with families in their God-given task of nurturing and educating their children. You will be joining a team who really believe in their mission to lead students to think and live for the glory of God in every aspect of their lives.
About the Position
To be successful for this role you must be able to communicate effectively with young people, parents and staff, liaise with suppliers, purchase and prepare fresh ingredients and pack orders.
What You Need to Succeed
Apart from the necessary skills, we look for people who are a great cultural fit. Rehoboth is a community of Christians – parents and staff alike – and we are all about supporting each other in our spiritual walks and encouraging students to explore their faith and discover their God-given gifts.
Because of the deeply Christian nature of our College, we consider all staff to be role models to students, no matter what position they have. We take your active involvement in a local Protestant Christian church, a deeply committed Christian lifestyle, and ability to articulate your personal Christian faith as evidence of your desire to help build a vibrant Christian community at Rehoboth.
Here are the essential criteria for the position:
- you must have a passion for providing excellent customer service;
- you must be actively involved in a local Protestant Christian church and be able to demonstrate an exemplary Christian lifestyle;
- must hold or be willing to attain a certificate in food hygiene and safety;
- you must be willing to obtain a Working with Children Check;
- you must be willing to obtain a Department of Education Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check; and
- refer to the position description for all the role specific essential criteria.
How to Apply
For more information on the role, please read the position description below.
Position Description: Canteen Assistant (PDF)
Steps to apply:
- head to our website and complete the Non-Teaching Staff Application Form;
- include a comprehensive resume;
- include a letter of reference from your church pastor/minister; and
- provide a certified copy of your qualifications.
The closing date is Monday 6 March 2023.