An exciting opportunity has become available for a qualified Christian educator to join our Secondary team in a full-time capacity at the start of Term 2 2023. This is a maternity leave cover position that will be in place for the remainder of the year. The possibility exists for this role to continue after the initial period owing to the rate of growth at the College.
If you are an engaging, vibrant teacher with a passion for providing excellent Christian education, we want to hear from you!
About the Position
Based at our Kenwick Campus, Rehoboth Secondary is looking for a teacher to teach Mathematics across Years 7-12.
As Secondary Teacher you need to have a strong understanding of the curriculum, assessment, standards, and reporting requirements defined by the School Curriculum and Standards Authority of Western Australia. You will also need to be committed to providing a Biblically integrated curriculum, with an enthusiasm for training children in a thoroughly Christian worldview in every learning area.
What You Need to Succeed
We look for people who are a great cultural fit. Rehoboth is a community of Christians, and we are all about supporting each other in our spiritual walks while encouraging students to explore their faith and discover their God-given gifts.
Because of the deeply Christian nature of our College, we consider all staff to be role models to students, no matter what position they have. We take your active involvement in a local Protestant Christian church, a deeply committed Christian lifestyle, and ability to articulate your personal Christian faith as evidence of your desire to help build a vibrant Christian community at Rehoboth.
You will also need to be an exceptional communicator and have an outstanding ability to work collaboratively with staff and students. This is where your pastoral heart and passion for teaching will shine.
Here are the essential criteria for the position:
- you must be actively involved in a local Protestant Christian church and be able to demonstrate an exemplary Christian lifestyle;
- you must hold or be willing to obtain a Working with Children Check;
- you must be willing to obtain a Department of Education Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check; and
- refer to the position description for role-specific essential criteria.
How to Apply
For more information on the role, please read the position description below.
Steps to apply for applicants:
- head to our website and apply by completing the Teaching Staff Application Form;
- include a comprehensive resume;
- include a letter of reference from your church pastor/minister; and
- provide a certified copy of your qualifications.
The closing date is 10:00am on Tuesday 28 February 2023.