We are seeking a highly organised and friendly Canteen Manager to oversee the management and the operation of our busy school canteen at our Kenwick Campus. This is a part-time contract during term time only, for four days a week (Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays).
This is the role for you if you are someone who:
- thrives on serving others;
- possesses excellent customer service and communication skills; and
- desires to join a well-established Christian community,
About the Position
The Canteen Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the canteen including, stock management, purchases, sales, equipment, and the canteen facilities. The position leads a small team of part-time staff and parent volunteers.
To be successful for this role you must be able to communicate effectively with young people, parents, and staff, as well as liaise with suppliers. You will be responsible for ensuring that the team implements best practice food safety and handling processes and procedures.
Ideally the successful applicant will have prior experience in bookkeeping. Candidates without this will still be considered.
What You Need to Succeed
Apart from the necessary qualifications, we look for people who are a great cultural fit. Rehoboth is a community of Christians – parents and staff alike – and we are all about supporting each other in our spiritual walks and encouraging students to explore their faith and discover their God-given gifts.
Because of the deeply Christian nature of our College, we consider all staff to be role models to students, no matter what position they have. We take your active involvement in a local Protestant Christian church, a deeply committed Christian lifestyle, and ability to articulate your personal Christian faith as evidence of your desire to help build a vibrant Christian community at Rehoboth.
You will also need to have exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills and have an outstanding ability to work collaboratively with staff, students, and members of the community.
Here are the essential criteria for the position:
- you must be actively involved in a local Protestant Christian church and be able to demonstrate an exemplary Christian lifestyle;
- you must be willing to obtain a Working with Children Check; and
- you must be willing to obtain a Department of Education Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check.
- refer to the position description for all the role specific essential criteria.
How to Apply
For more information on the role, please read the position description below.
Position Description: Canteen Manager (PDF)
Steps to apply:
- completing the Non-Teaching Staff Application Form;
- include a comprehensive resume;
- include a letter of reference from your church pastor/minister; and
- provide a certified copy of your qualifications.