An exciting opportunity has become available for a Bus Driver to join our Fleet team, in a part-time capacity, during the school term at our Kenwick Campus.
If you are reliable and trustworthy team member, we want to hear from you! The ideal candidate will be able to work independently for extended periods, as well as being a real people person with a love for sharing life and faith with staff and students in our College community.
About the Position
You will be required to operate College buses during scheduled morning and afternoon bus runs for 50 hours per fortnight. A vital part of the position is assisting in the educational process, which often includes leading discipleship groups, attending mission trips, staff devotions and more.
This is an ongoing position to commence as soon as possible.
What You Need to Succeed
Apart from the necessary qualifications, we look for people who are the right fit for our culture. Rehoboth is a community of Christians – parents and staff alike – and we are all about supporting and encouraging each other in our spiritual walks and encouraging students to explore their faith and discover their God-given gifts.
Because of the deeply Christian nature of our College, we consider all staff to be role models to students, no matter what position they have. So, you will need to be able to demonstrate an impeccable Christian lifestyle.
To realise this vision of community, we take your active involvement in a local Protestant Christian church and ability to articulate your personal Christian faith as evidence of this.
You will also need to have exceptional interpersonal skills and have an outstanding ability to work collaboratively with staff and students. This is where your compassionate, pastoral heart will shine.
If you have previous experience as a school bus driver, this will be favourably considered as well.
Here are the essential criteria for the position:
- applicants must be actively involved in a local Protestant Christian church and be able to demonstrate an exemplary Christian lifestyle;
- have a good and safe driving record;
- must hold a PTD authorisation;
- must hold or obtain a Working with Children Check; and
- must hold or obtain a Department of Education Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check that is no more than three months old.
How to Apply
For more information on the role, please read through the position description below.
Position Description: Bus Driver (PDF)
Steps to apply:
- head to our website and complete the Non-Teaching Staff Application Form;
- include a comprehensive resume;
- include a letter of reference from your church pastor/minister; and
- provide a certified copy of your qualifications.
Applications should be addressed to:
Mrs Shané Kingdon – Human Resources Officer
Rehoboth Christian College
92 Kenwick Road, Kenwick WA 6107
Phone number: 08 9274 9910
The closing date is 4pm Tuesday 14 February 2023.