An exciting opportunity has become available for positive and friendly administrative assistants to join our well established and growing school community. We are seeking office all-rounders, to work part-time, (Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays) during term time, within a collaborative and friendly team.
The roles available are:
- An Administration Assistant role at Kenwick Primary from April 2023. This is a maternity leave cover position that will be in place for the remainder of the year.
- An Administration Assistant role at Kenwick Secondary commencing as soon as possible. This is an ongoing position.
Are you someone who:
- thrives on serving others;
- cares about the details;
- possesses strong administration skills; and
- desires to join a well-established Christian community.
Then this is the role for you!
As the first Christian parent-governed school in Western Australia, we are pioneers of distinctly Christian education. Our rich heritage stretches back almost sixty years; we have learned a fair bit in that time and are always seeking ways to improve and innovate.
Rehoboth exists to partner with families in their God-given task of nurturing and educating their children. You will be joining a team who really believe in their mission to lead students to think and live for the glory of God in every aspect of their lives.
About the Position
Based at the Kenwick Primary Campus, you will need to provide timely administrative, clerical and reception services to our staff, parents, and visitors of the College. The successful applicant will have a passion for providing excellent customer service.
Role responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- smooth operation and management of the reception;
- providing administrative support to the Principal;
- coordinate events and functions;
- coordinate relief staff for Primary;
- act as a first point of contact for staff, families and visitors;
- purchase office supplies and organise catering;
- answer phone calls and direct inquires to relevant staff;
- collate and code invoices for authorisation and payment; and
- other general office and clerical duties.
What You Need to Succeed
Apart from the necessary qualifications, we look for people who are a great cultural fit. Rehoboth is a community of Christians – parents and staff alike – and we are all about supporting each other in our spiritual walks and encouraging students to explore their faith and discover their God-given gifts.
Because of the deeply Christian nature of our College, we consider all staff to be role models to students, no matter what position they have. We take your active involvement in a local Protestant Christian church, a deeply committed Christian lifestyle, and ability to articulate your personal Christian faith as evidence of your desire to help build a vibrant Christian community at Rehoboth.
You will also need to have exceptional administrative, organisational, and interpersonal skills and have an outstanding ability to work collaboratively with staff, parents, and contractors.
Here are the essential criteria for the position:
- you must be able to demonstrate strong computer literacy skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Suite;
- you must have a passion for providing excellent customer service;
- you must be actively involved in a local Protestant Christian church and be able to demonstrate an exemplary Christian lifestyle;
- you must be willing to obtain a Working with Children Check; and
- you must be willing to obtain a Department of Education Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check.
- refer to the position description for all the role specific essential criteria.
How to Apply
For more information on the role, please read the position description below.
Position Description: Administration Assistant (PDF)
Steps to apply:
- head to our website and apply by completing the Non-Teaching Staff Application Form;
- include a comprehensive resume;
- include a letter of reference from your church pastor/minister; and
- provide a certified copy of your qualifications.
Applications should be addressed to:
Mrs Shané Kingdon – Human Resources Officer
Rehoboth Christian College
92 Kenwick Road, Kenwick WA 6107
Phone number: +618 9274 9910
The closing date Thursday 23 February 2023.