Board and Membership
About the Association
ACE is managed by our Board, who are elected from amongst Association Members. The purpose of the Board is to achieve the Association’s Objects as defined in the Constitution, and to undertake a stewardship role that is necessary for the proper governance and management of the Association.
Specifically, the role of the Board is to:
- represent the Members of the Association
- provide governance and strategic oversight of the College
- assess and approve applications for Membership and Affiliate Membership with the Association
- provide a point of contact between the operations of the College and the Association.
- develop and implement governing policies.
- ensure that such policies are written at a strategic level and reflect the core values and principles of the Association.
- appoint, and ensure the performance of, the CEO.
- oversee staff selection, primarily through policy that prescribes staff advertising, selection criteria, selection panels, the presence of Ministers/Pastors on the selection panel as appropriate, staff appointment, staff induction.
- oversee curriculum.
- act as custodians of the Association’s vision, primarily through the education of Members on the Association’s Foundational Principles, its Scriptural basis, and a clearly articulated Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan.
- that the Association is a contributor to the cause of Christian education, primarily through involvement in CEN.
Become an Association Member
We offer two tiers of Association membership:
The purpose of becoming a Member is to demonstrate an ongoing commitment to Rehoboth and to Christian education.
Members have voting rights at Association meetings and are also eligible to become Board members. This provides parents with the primary means by which they are able to influence the nature of education at Rehoboth.
Membership is open to any person over the age of 18 interested in furthering the objectives of the Association. Candidates for full Membership will be required to declare their agreement with these objectives and a willingness to support Christian education as a life-long commitment, and families enrolling students will be required to meet our enrolment criteria.
An annual Membership fee is applicable, which helps to offset costs associated with running General Meetings, Board meetings, Board training, administrative costs, and other activities of the Association.
Whilst we strongly encourage families to prayerfully consider becoming full Members and assisting us in the mission of providing outstanding Christian education, parents also have the choice of applying for Affiliate Membership. Families opting for this tier are still required to meet our enrolment criteria, but will not hold voting rights at Association meetings and are not eligible to serve on the Board. There is also no fee for Affiliate membership.
What Do I Do Now?
Membership at either the Full or Affiliate level is a prerequisite for any families wishing to enrol their children at Rehoboth. Should you wish to become a Member without enrolling children, you will need to complete a Parent/Guardian Application, available below. For all enquiries regarding ACE membership and enrolments, including submission of your application, please contact the Business Office.