On Friday 11 September, we celebrated All Things Books!
It was a beautiful, sunny morning and the Wilson Campus was a hive of excitement as new characters and students appeared in our school grounds!
I saw Geronimo Stilton make an appearance, as well as Pippi Longstocking, Moses, Pilgrim, Charlotte the spider and even Elizabeth Bennet and Mr Darcy graced us with their presence.
Such a wonderful expression of God’s creativity and uniqueness was displayed in the children as they all showed off their different characters and the books that they were from.
Teachers too were transformed into characters from Alice in Wonderland, with the Queen of Hearts, Alice, the Cheshire Cat, the Mad Hatter, and the March Hare all making an appearance. The Queen’s trusty playing cards also managed to keep law and order during the parade. Fortunately, nobody lost their heads!
It was very difficult to choose best-dressed costumes this year, as you will see from the photos attached! However, book prizes for original costumes were awarded to:
- Amelie (Pre-Primary Blue) as Gwendolyn from the Gwendolyn, by Julie McIver
- Olivia (Pre-Primary Red) as Fern from Charlotte’s Web, written by E. B.White
- Casey (Year 1) as the Rainbow Fish from the book The Rainbow Fish, by Marcus Pfister
- Lael (Year 2) As the Book with No Pictures, by B.J.Novak
- Eli B (Year 2/3) as Christian from Pilgrim’s Progress, by John Bunyan
- Clinton (Year 3/4) as Moses with the 10 Commandments from the BEST book – The BIBLE!
- Tyler (Year 4) as Jack from Grandpa’s Great Escape, by David Walliams
- Josiah (Year 5) as Reepicheep from The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, by C.S.Lewis
- Ben S (Year 6) as Sergeant from Dad’s Army
All books – and many others (except Dad’s Army) – are available to read from our school library. Thank you to all students, parents, and staff for participating in this annual event and celebrating the wonderful world of books, authors, and illustrators!